I just love chocolate chip cookies. Yeah.. obviously.. the blog is called “cookie” for thought. So I spent some time in figuring the recipe for the perfect my kind of chocolate chip cookies… the soft and chewy kind. It’s very easy. Once you make the cookie dough, put in the fridge, and whenever you want, just pop into the oven for some freshly baked cookies… Instant happiness. And people of all age love it. (Although, avoid it if you have cholesterol problems, it’s not the healthiest of things)
So here is what all you need.
- 1 cup unsalted butter. About 125 gms. Softened.
- 3/4th cup brown sugar(powdered)
- 3/4th cup white sugar(powdered)
- 2 1/4 cup of maida. (all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips or nuts. (you can vary the quantity too)
- Chop the butter and leave it at room temperature to soften.
- Add sugars to butter and mix till its uniformly creamed.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix again
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix. The mixture will be kind of stiff.
- Add nuts or chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
- Voila, you have cookie dough
- You can refrigerate the same or just bake some cookie now.
- Preheat the over at 175 degrees
- Place butter paper on the tray and drop a tablespoon full of dough 2 inches apart
- Pop in the oven for about 8-10 minutes apart. The centre will still be soft at the end of it, but go with your instincts.
- Lets it cool by placing on the wire rack.
- Comment and tell me, how it was.
- You can also use 2 cups of whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- The texture of cookies changes by changing the amount of butter and the two kinds of sugar.
Cookie Fun Facts:
- The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie sold the idea to Nestle Toll House in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate. Wow..!
- Cookies originated in Persia, however, the name Cookie comes from a dutch word “koekje” which means little cake.